The 2013 Fantasy Football season has come and went again. Hopefully you guys ended up better than mine since I lost 3 title games by a combined margin of 8 points. But no need to live in 2013 let’s go ahead and burst onto the 2014 ridiculously early top 10 picks of the 1st round. I will be unleashing my awfully early rankings for each position as the month rolls but here is what my top 10 looks like right now.
2014 Top 10 ultra-mega-super Early Fantasy Football Rankings
1. LeSean McCoy – This is a tie between him and Charles and don’t think you can go wrong with either guy but McCoy would be my guy right now. As it sits (before offseason moves) McCoy has 9 matchups against teams that gave up the 10th or higher most fantasy points to opposing RBs.
2. Jamaal Charles – Like I stated can’t go wrong in either the 1st or 2nd spot this year. Charles is a beast and had an unbelievable Fantasy season.
3. Matt Forte – 2013 was good to Forte with a career high in Rushing Yards, TDs, Catches, Receiving yards and finally was the go to man in the redzone. The arrow is only pointing up for him in 2014.
4. Calvin Johnson – I have never been big on drafting anything other than RBs in the top half of the 1st round but when you produce as well as MegaTron does you have to make an exception.
5. Adrian Peterson – We all knew he wouldn’t duplicate his 2012 season but even with missing a couple of games Peterson was the 5th leading rusher. With a new coaching staff and more than likely a new QB, he really could be a steal on draft day.
6. Le’Veon Bell – Bell is my favorite of any of the young running backs heading into 2014. Bell totaled 1259 yards with 8 TDs in only 13 games and that’s why he will be a top-tier pick this coming year.
7. Marshawn Lynch – I was down on him going into 2013 and was wrong. I don’t like to be wrong twice, 1200+ yards and double-digit TDs in each of his last 3 seasons. Sign me up.
8. Eddie Lacy – He and Bell are going to be a lot of fun to watch over the next few years. I like Bell more but Lacy is going to have a very god season as well.
9. Doug Martin – Coming off the injury will be very risky drafting him but another top RB that could be a steal in round 1.
10. Josh Gordon – Did you see what this guy did with the QBs he had? Not only that he finished with 147 more yards than the 2nd place and that was with missing 2 games. Unreal.
Even though the season is over I will be giving you more rankings per position over the next couple weeks as well as dissecting where Free Agents land and what the Fantasy Impact will be for those players.
Think I missed something? Tell me who you would have in the top spot heading into 2014.
Make sure to hope on over to twitter and give me a follow and maybe even debate who I have ranked where. (@rickygangster)