Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, What Men Want, the female driven version of the 2000 movie What Women Want. This one starring Taraji P. Henson.
- The scene from the trailer in which she catches the ball, I probably saw that trailer a trillion times and even when it came on in the movie, it was still hilarious.
- Why does sex in movies so outrageous looking? I will never understand why the over-blow how sex really is vs. how they portray it in movies.
- Tracy Morgan as the Lavar Ball like character is absolute MASTERFUL, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Just brilliant.
- I laughed, and laughed a lot. Between the Psychic scene in which she is playing with Tarot Cards and bust our a Uno Skip card to the Club Scene where they are acting like straight fools, I laughed from start to finish during this film.
- Taraji P. Henson, she’s a star, period. She’s one of my favorite actress in Hollywood. I will always catch a movie she is in, in theaters.
- It’s a feel good movie, it teaches you that you should watch how you treat people on your way to the top.
*** out of ***** stars
The flow of the movie just worked, it started up, went down, somewhere in between act 1 and 2 we got our set-up and we settle down and got our ending. While the movie was predictable from start to finish and it’s okay, as long as the story works, and it did here.
I enjoyed the remake (revision) and wouldn’t hate the idea of a sequel either.
Should I See It?: Yes, absolutely yes. If you are thinking of seeing a movie this weekend, this should be the one. It’s a feel good movie with a whole lot of laughs.