Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, Isn’t It Romantic, the Romantic-Comedy starring Rebel Wilson.
- This kind of drove the same car that Amy Schumer’s “I Feel Pretty” did but I do believe I laughed a whole heck of a lot more in this.
- Wilson has a niche, and she kills it every single time. She has some funny one liners throughout this film, she just always comes off lovable in every role.
- The “Dance-off” between Wilson and Priyanka is just a pure classic scene. It was very Grease-like with the battle between the two. Just so funny.
- Liam Hemsworth (who I have yet to figure out if he can act or not) was quite fitting in this film. He was quirky, random and quite hilarious.
- Adam Devine is funny.
- The music throughout, was pure money. Some solid reminiscing in some old school Rom-Com jams.
** ½ out of ***** star
Look it was super predictable from start to finish and for this type of movie, that is okay. The music was great, there was some classic one liners throughout the film. It was sweet, cheesy and love birds everywhere can sit back and enjoy the ride.
Should I see it? – Yes. Gentlemen, take your lady to see this movie, let her eat the “cheesy Rom-Com” up and win some brownie points.