Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, A Madea Family Funeral, the final installment of the 11 Tyler Perry driven Madea movies.
- Let me start with Uncle Heathrow, EVERY single time this man was on the screen, he stole the show. Just absolutely brilliant. It has been a very long time since a character had made me laugh as hard as I did when he was on screen.
- And Tyler Perry’s character’s Madea/Joe/Brian, Aunt Bam and Hattie as always were super funny while on the screen.
- Can I talk about David Otunga for a second? He could possibly be the worst actor I’ve ever seen on the big screen, I am not kidding. He was just awful.
- The funeral scene was magical (All 80 hours of it), it was just well thought out and a whole lot of fun.
- One of my favorite line of the movie was “I wanna know why his hoe, smell like his bro.”
*** out of *****
My rating my be a bit generous but I don’t care, Uncle Heathrow deserves probably 5 stars on his own. The story was okay, nothing groundbreaking but they did put the pieces together throughout the film. I will say outside of the core Madea characters, the acting wasn’t really good (that includes Worst Actor of the Year nominee David Otunga). But you sure do laugh a whole lot and was a nice fitting end to the series.
Should I see it?: I went back and forth with whether or not you should see this in theaters or wait till Redbox/Digital. If you aren’t a big Marvel/Comic Book movie fan, totally go check this out this weekend.
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter@rickygangster