Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, Captain Marvel, the HIGHLY anticipated Marvel movie with Brie Larson in the driver seat.
- Brie Larson didn’t work for me. She just wasn’t likable at all. I just expected so much more out of her and felt the writing did her no justice at all.
- Goose. Enough said.
- Ben Mendelsohn – HELLLLLLL TO THE YES!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutley loved this man in this movie, he is extremely fun in this role and love to see him part of the universe.
- One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Brie Larson breaks into her own as the Captain Marvel character to the tune of Gwen Stefani’s “Just a Girl”.
- The soundtrack is pure FIRE!!!!!!
- The de-aging of Jackson is awesome to see. The editing was perfect. Like all Marvel movies, it was visually stunning.
- Favorite Quote: “It’s a cat, not Hannibal Lector”
** out of ***** stars
I went back and forth with the rating on this, and honestly on a 2nd viewing made me not like it even more.
Larson just didn’t work for me. I never one time cared about her or the character, outside the “I’m Just a Girl” sequence it was just bad.
The soundtrack in this movie was good. The supporting crew was solid but it just couldn’t overcome the best part of the movie was a Cat.
(Also ready for the Goose vs. Rocket showdown)
Should You See It?: This was a rare miss for Marvel. They should’ve done a better job of developing and making you care about Brie Larson.