Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, Captain Marvel, the HIGHLY anticipated Marvel movie with Brie Larson in the driver seat.
- Brie Larson was good. Maybe very good, depending on a second watch but, sometimes I felt a little underwhelmed by her and I am not sure if that was by design because other times I felt she knocked it out of the park.
- Goose. Enough said.
- Ben Mendelsohn – HELLLLLLL TO THE YES!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutley loved this man in this movie, he is extremely fun in this role and love to see him part of the universe.
- One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Brie Larson breaks into her own as the Captain Marvel character to the tune of Gwen Stefani’s “Just a Girl”.
- The soundtrack is pure FIRE!!!!!!
- The de-aging of Jackson is awesome to see. The editing was perfect. Like all Marvel movies, it was visually stunning.
- Favorite Quote: “It’s a cat, not Hannibal Lector”
**** out of ***** stars
I went back and forth with the rating on this, and honestly on a 2nd viewing I might rate it a little higher.
So many things about this film worked, I loved they paid homage to so many future things in the story. The soundtrack in this movie was great. The chemistry between Larson/Jackson is fantastic. The supporting cast all the way around is good. The story of this film was good, a solid twist, fun humor and all in all a great introductory of Captain Marvel. Just another notch on Marvel’s belt. (Also ready for the Goose vs. Rocket showdown)
Should You See It?: Seriously? Is this even a question? I am already planning on seeing it again just in case I missed anything. This movie made me even more hyped to see Endgame.