Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, the Secret Life of Pets 2. The first was super funny and a smash hit at the box office.
- New Cast Additions: Harrison Ford in his first animated role was great. If you truly think about Ford as an animal, an old tough dog truly fits him. Tiffany Haddish was another amazing addition to the cast, she is hilarious and was just that in this film.
- I find the Max character in this film rather boring. His only quality on-screen moments in this film were with Rooster.
- Kevin Hart is the funniest man on the planet.
- Can the Secret Life of Pets III be about how Gidget and Snowball fall in love? Or they become the modern day Bonnie & Clyde (minus all the killing of course)
- The run-time of this movie was PERFECT! Even kid movies are pushing the envelope with run-time, at an hour and 27 minutes, this was great.
** 1/2 out of *****
This one fell short of the original. The first and second act were boring at times, once they got the whole crew together in the third act the movie picked up and was packed with some good laughs. The additions of Haddish and Ford were great, Hart was great but outside of that, I was left wanting more from this.
Should You See It?: Bring the kids for sure. There is enough in this movie for adults to enjoy, and the kids will eat it up.
Subscribe to the Valero Verdict podcast on all your favorite Podcasting apps. Check it out here: https://anchor.fm/thevaleroverdict
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter@RickyValero_