Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, Rocketman a musical fantasy about the story of Elton John’s breakthrough years.
- This movie is everything Bohemian Rhapsody wanted to be and more.
- I would have been WAY happier if Taron Egerton winning the Oscar (well not over Mr. Cooper) instead of Rami MEHlek. Egerton gave hands down one of the best performances of the year. He truly embodied the role of Elton John and it was truly a sight to see.
- Cinematography in this film was AMAZING. We all know about the colors of Elton John but to see them correlated to the big screen was fantastic.
- Is it cheating to say I loved the music? Obviously Elton John is a musically legend but the way they were able to piece the movie together with the songs was a thing of art.
- From Rob Stark to David Budd to Elton John’s love interest, Richard Madden performances have truly shown his range of acting. He did a fantastic job of making you truly loathe his character.
**** out of *****
From start to finish Director Dexter Fletcher takes you on this beautiful journey highlighting one of the greatest singer/songwriters of all-time with an all time great performance out of Taron Egerton. This is one of those movies you have to see in theaters to truly appreciate the art behind making this beautiful film. The acting, the cinematography the story, the direction was all amazing.
Should You See It?: YES!!!!!! Go see this film NOW! Don’t watch Bohemian Rhapsody and all it’s lies, see this instead!!!!
Subscribe to the Valero Verdict podcast on all your favorite Podcasting apps. Check it out here: https://anchor.fm/thevaleroverdict
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter@RickyValero_