So let’s update the standings for my predictions from Week 13. I was lucky enough to get to participate in the Tuesday Night edition of the Fantasy Forecaster providing my offensive start and sit recommendations for the week so I have broken those out into their own section as well. This allows you to double check my results easily to make sure I am not making this stuff up!
It looks like I had another good week, going a combined 22-8-1. That’s a nice 72.5% success rate. If I can keep this level of success up, it might be time to take a trip to Vegas!
Week 13 results from the podcast:
|Matthew Stafford||390 yds; 2 TD||Start||Win||Offense|
|Cam Newton||194 yds; 49 rush; 1 TD||Sit||Win||Offense|
|Rashad Jennings||91 yds; 3 yds; 2 TD||Start||Win||Offense|
|Marshawn Lynch||104 yds; 0 TD||Sit||Loss||Offense|
|Kenny Stills||5-162yds; 1 TD||Start||Win||Offense|
|Julio Jones||10-189yds; 1 TD||Sit||Loss||Offense|
|Larry Donnell||5-55yds; 0 TD||Start||Push||Offense|
|Buffalo Team D||2 sack/3TO/TD/10 PA||Start||Win||Offense|
|Green Bay Team D||1 sack/0 TO/21 PA||Sit||Win||Offense|
Week 13 summary: 6-2-1 (72%)
Week 13 results from the Sunday pod:
|St Louis Team D||6 sacks/ 5TO/ TD/ 0 PA||Start||Win||Offense|
|Andre Ellington||12 yds; injured||Start||Loss||Offense|
|Odell Beckham vs Julio Jones||Julio>ODB||ODB||Loss||Offense|
|Jordan Reed||9-123 yds||Start||Win||Offense|
Week 13 summary: 10-5 (67%)
Season summary (since week 8): 52-21 (71%)
*IDP stats are listed as: solos/assists/sacks; PD = pass defensed, FR = fumble recover, INT = interception
Week 13 Results from this column:
|Ha Ha Clinton-Dix||3/3/0/PD||Start||Loss||IDP|
Week 13: 8-1 (88%)
Season summary (weeks 10-13): 23-9 (72%); still compiling for full season
IDP Injuries of note:
- Muhammad Wilkerson (NYJ DL): Wilkerson missed week 13 with a toe injury and is considered week to week. He was in a walking boot last week and is now out of it, so that is progress. Check back later in the week to see his status.
- Brett Keisel (PIT DL): Keisel tore his triceps on Sunday against the Saints and has been placed on IR. He is done for the year. This will be a much bigger blow to the Steeler defense than it will be to any fake gamers.
- Robert Ayers (NYG DL): Ayers suffered a torn pectoral against the Jaguars and will be placed on IR. He was mostly depth for IDP leaguers so this probably isn’t a huge loss to anyone.
- Chandler Jones (NE DL): Jones is rumored to be ready to roll in week 14 in pass-rush situations. I would wait a week and see what happens before getting him in your lineup.
- Mathias Kiwanuka (NYG LB): Kiwanuka was placed on IR with a knee injury. He has always had a lot of promise with his size and speed but has never really lived up to that billing. It’s probably safe to not worry about him at all in the future.
- Ryan Shazier (PIT LB): Shazier did not play in week 13 as discussed but should be back this week. I would stay away as you approach the fantasy playoffs since we have no idea what he may produce.
- Jadeveon Clowney (HOU LB): What a disappointing year for 2 of the top IDP rookie linebackers out there. This nagging knee injury has sapped most of Clowney’s explosion and speed in addition to keeping him out most of the season. He is currently seeking a second opinion and his season may be in jeopardy. I would still target him as a buy-low in dynasty leagues.
- Vontae Davis (IND DB): Davis suffered a concussion and is in the league-mandated protocol. You know the drill. Check back later to make sure he is progressing as the week moves along.
- Tyrann Mathieu (ARI DB): Mathieu suffered a broken and dislocated thumb that will require surgery. He is expected to miss at least the next 3 weeks. He is safe to drop in re-draft leagues as he likely won’t be back until week 17.
- Antoine Cason (FA DB): Cason was waived by Carolina. He started off hot but quickly took a nose dive to the point of losing his job. This just goes to show you that the DB’s position is volatile and not worth spending on in the draft. If you stream as the season goes along and you can usually find some solid contributors.
Who to play (or not):
- Ziggy Ansah (DET DL): Ansah has been playing well over the past few weeks even if the pressures haven’t turned into sacks. He only has 1 sack over the last 3 games. This week he gets the porous Tampa Bay offensive line, so expect a big day.
- Demarcus Ware (DEN DL): Ware is one of my all-time favorites for sheer consistency. For a few years he was a solid sack a game and it was virtually that consistent. It was a great to have in a sack-heavy scoring league. He is basically following that again this year with only 4 no-sack games. This week, he gets Buffalo who will be behind big and I say he notches another sack or 2.
- JJ Watt (HOU DL): I know everyone is starting this guy. Well, I am only going to count this as a win if he has 2 or more sacks and 4 or more tackles. He is gonna put up a monster game.
- Chad Greenway (MIN LB): Anthony Barr has killed Greenway’s IDP value this year but he currently has a gimpy knee. If Barr is out this week against the Jets I see Greenway putting up a big game. Watch the reports, and if Barr is a no go get Greenway in your lineup.
- Bobby Wagner (SEA LB): Wagner seems to be healthy now and he gets the gold matchup against the Eagles. Start him with confidence and expect big tackle numbers.
- Danny Lansanah (TB LB): Tampa gets a nice matchup with Detroit and after last week’s monster outing without Lavonte David in the lineup look for another big performance in week 14. If David is out start Lansanah.
- Eric Weddle (SD DB): Going against the Patriots should lead to a bunch of opportunities for Weddle this week. For the DB, opportunity is key.
- Jonathan Cyprian (JAC DB): Cyprian has been a solid source of tackles at defensive back as he has a low of 3 solo tackles this season. With the Texans coming to town he will have chances to come up and support on the run. It should lead to tackles.
- Kam Chancellor (SEA DB): The old rule of play your safeties against the Eagles pertains here. There should be a lot of opportunities and I expect Chancellor will get his share.
Photo cred: http://goo.gl/vxoX8P
Check out FantasyRundown.com for all of our latest articles and other great fantasy content.