Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, Murder Mystery, the latest Adam Sandler led Netflix Film.
- I will start with one MASSIVE dumb plot point of the film, WHY IN THE WORLD would Sandler/Aniston be suspects of the murder? They literally had ZERO to gain from murdering anyone.
- Sandler just bores me anymore, I am not sure what happened to this guy but he used to be so funny and now he just has these awful one liners that missed every single time.
- Aniston and Sandler chemistry in the film was one of the lone bright spots.
- The ending was beyond stupid. I thought they had the perfect end scene and for some reason we had to add a stupid car chase that lasted an extra 15 minutes and provided ZERO to the film.
* & 1/2 out of ***** gavels
Good news is this was his best Netflix movie to date, the bad news is that it was still horrible. I guess Sandler is showing up, playing his part and cashing Netflix’s check because I truly can’t believe he watches these back and finds them funny at all. The movie had a decent plot but tried to hard to be funny and truly went no-where fast. Another swing and another miss.
Should You See It?: NO. Hard Pass. Watch Always Be My Maybe on Netflix instead. That is a funny, smart and great film.
Subscribe to the Valero Verdict podcast on all your favorite Podcasting apps. Check it out here: https://anchor.fm/thevaleroverdict
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter@RickyValero_