Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, the THIRTY FIFTH installment of the Godzilla franchise. I legit did not know there was that many of these films.
- Bear McCreary score was made for perfection. I was truly blown away with how amazing the score was throughout the film.
- This movie is way too long, Godzilla had more comebacks than Ric Flair.
- Character development really lacked in this film. Millie Bobbie Brown was fun in this but they really spent little time developing any of the characters in this film.
- It’s nice to see Coach Taylor still chasing down Godzilla, I love this man but I swear Kyle Chandler plays the same person in every single on of his roles.
- I saw this in the new ScreenX theater that Regal has been slowly rolling out in theaters and it made the action scenes in this films a lot of fun.
- Visually this film was quite a looker. You really could appreciate the artistic nature of this film.
** 1/2 out of ***** gavels
I do believe I enjoyed this movie a lot more based solely on the experience of ScreenX, I am not sure the movie was much more than a “popcorn flick” and that is okay. The score easily was one of the best in 2019. The movie is big, loud, its got dragons (no Daenerys though), massive spiders and tons of action. What more do you expect?
Should You See It?: Skip it. Honestly, I think you can wait to Redbox this film. I will say, that all the “Monsters” bowed to Godzilla at the end of the movie, does this make him King of the Seven Kingdoms now?
Subscribe to the Valero Verdict podcast on all your favorite Podcasting apps. Check it out here: https://anchor.fm/thevaleroverdict
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter@RickyValero_