Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today: The raunchy teenage comedy Booksmart which is the directorial debut of Olivia Wilde.
- Give me all the Beanie Feldstein in all the comedy movies moving forward please. She was absolutely HILARIOUS in this movie. I don’t know how we are just seeing her in movies now but we need to keep her around for the long run.
- Kaitlyn Dever: I’ve never caught an episode of Last Man Standing, so this was the first real time I saw Dever and I won’t lie as per my above about Feldstein, I would love to see more of her in the future.
- The chemistry between these two was spot on, you can’t make up chemistry especially in comedy movies. You felt a connection from start to finish between the two and it never stopped.
- The Barbie scene (pictured up above) was unique and hilariously creative scene that will have you almost on the floor laughing.
- The Music/Score of this film was BRILLIANT!!!!! (Dan Nakamura job well done.
**** out of ***** gavels
This is a film you are going to watch for years to come and laugh hysterically at. Dever/Feldstein relationship was very Hill/Cera like from Superbad, they were great together and really left you wanting more. The supporting cast was phenonmal, and a HUGE shout out to Billie Lourd who was HILARIOUS!!!!!
Olivia Wilde directorial debut was funny, witty, charming and all around a fun ride from start to finish.
Should You See It?: HUGE YES. You will laugh and laugh a lot. Go see it and thank me later.
Subscribe to the Valero Verdict podcast on all your favorite Podcasting apps. Check it out here: https://anchor.fm/thevaleroverdict
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter @RickyValero_