Welcome to another edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, Aquaman. The very highly anticipated DC movie starring Jason Momoa.
- This story was a complete rip-off of Black Panther.
- This movie really tried way too hard to be funny, like it got embarrassing at some points.
- The colors were pretty.
- The action was a bit lackluster, the “big fight” scene in the water was just horrendous, at times you didn’t even know who was who during the fight.
- Momoa was okay, but honestly he didn’t really have much to work with here. The screenplay was not very good and they didn’t put him in position to succeed at all.
- Arthur? I feel like you could go back in time and get a better Super-hero name for this guy, this is what I think when I hear Arthur.
* out of ***** stars
A loaded cast with a terrible script, while colorful and pretty to look at (Add Momoa to that if you’d like) the film feels like one big dud. Aquaman is one of the characters that belongs in ensemble movies but not his own standalone film.
Should You See It?: Absolutely NOT. Especially on Date Night, don’t be like “You can stare at Jason Momoa for two hours”, THEY WILL LEAVE YOU. Just no.
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter @RickyValero_