IDP Injuries of note:
- Nick Fairley (DET DT): Fairley suffered a bad knee injury to his PCL/MCL. He will be out a minimum of 5-6 weeks, likely more. He is safe to drop if you need to.
- Lamar Houston (CHI DE): Houston fell victim to the dreaded discount double check sack dance torn ACL. He is the second victim for the year and this time it was for celebrating a sack late in a game when his team was done about 1,000 pts. Well done, Mr. Houston. He joins Stephen Tullock and Martin Gramatica as the most famous members of the celebratory ACL blowout fraternity.
- Glenn Dorsey (SF DL): Dorsey has returned to practice and is eligible to return to the lineup in week 10. He is coming off a torn biceps that happened during training camp this year.
- Justin Durant (DAL LB): Durant fell victim to the linebacker curse of 2014 and will miss the rest of the season with a torn bicep. It is starting to become an epidemic as linebackers are getting picked off each week.
- Jon Beason (NYG LB): Beason finally decided to go the route of surgery. He was placed on IR and is done for the year.
- Vontaze Burfict (CIN LB): For once, Burfict is on the injury report with something other than a concussion/neck issue. This time it’s for a knee that he had scoped. He will be out for at least two weeks.
- Erik Walden (IND LB): Walden had to be removed in week 8 with a minor hip ailment. As of now he is week to week so he should probably be out of your lineup this week.
- Mychal Kendricks (PHI LB): Kendricks returned to action this week but only played in 31% of the snaps. He is far from healthy and should remain on your bench until he gets a full complement of snaps.
- Vontae Davis (IND DB): Davis sprained his knee in week 8 but appears to have avoided any significant tears. He is practicing on Thursday so it is likely he is available for Monday night’s game.
- Tony Jefferson (ARI DB): Jefferson had a great week 8 but suffered a concussion. I think everyone knows how that works now so follow the progress through the week to see if he is cleared by Sunday.
- Jimmy Smith (BAL DB): Smith may have suffered the dreaded Lisfrance sprain and will miss a few weeks.
- Patrick Peterson (ARI DB): Peterson joins his fellow secondary mate Jefferson in the concussion protocol. He is having an all-around down year so you probably were close to benching him anyway. Now is your chance.
Who’s on the wire?
- Calais Campbell (ARI DE): Campbell returned to the lineup in week 8 after missing a couple games. He had a full complement of snaps and if he was dropped you should pick him up right away.
- Allen Bailey (KC DE): Bailey showed up big against the Rams in week 8 with 1.5 sacks and 3 solos. He is a boom or bust defensive end that won’t put up big tackle numbers but has a chance at sacks due to the attention placed on Justin Houston and Tamba Hali. A nice flyer (especially in this bye week) in big play leagues.
- Robert Quinn (STL DE): Hopefully you picked up Quinn last week when I mentioned him. He is for sure gone after his 2 sack week. The buy low window is gone.
- Ryan Davis (JAC DE): Andre Branch being on the shelf for at least six weeks may pave the way for some playing time for Davis. He already has 4 sacks – including two last week so a nice add in big play leagues.
- Dion Jordan (MIA DE): Jordan had his first game action of the year after finishing off his suspension. He didn’t get a full set of snaps and was only in for pass rush opportunities but he is likely on your waivers and is worth a stash and see.
- Keenan Robinson (WAS LB): Robinson has been very productive but relatively quiet. Chances are with all the injuries that have hit linebackers this year he might not be available but if he is go get him. He has a high floor and gets the occasional sack.
- Khalil Mack (OAK LB): Mack is only averaging 4 tackles a game and has zero sacks but he is putting pressure on the quarterback and it’s only a matter of time before they turn into sacks.
- Anthony Barr (MIN LB): Barr is a stud. He is doing everything and is all over the field. As a Viking fan, I was skeptical of taking him at the #9 pick in the draft but he has surpassed all expectations. He should be owned everywhere as he is doing it all.
- LaRon Landry (IND DB): Landry is coming off of suspension. There is some discussion of whether he will play this week but he should be owned if he is available.
- Morgan Burnett (GB DB): Burnett is coming off injury and is likely back after the bye week. If you have space and can make a speculative add you should do it.
- Prince Amukamura (NYG DB): Going against the Colts gives plenty of opportunity. Prince has been up to the task this year. Call it a gut feel but I think he has a nice game Monday Night.
Shane Gallimore is a fantasy football contributor for The Sports Script. Follow him on Twitter @Gally4!