Welcome to REWIND edition of the “The Valero Verdict” movie review. In this I will dive into one of the movies from the past and give you a quick movie review with a couple of bullet points of which I either liked or disliked. I will end the review with rating of the movie and a short overall thoughts.
On the docket today, the original OG of Horror Comedy… Scream
- This movie had a cast full of stars we had the Fonz, Monica, Shaggy, a WCW Champ and Ray Donovan.
- Neve Campbell was brilliant in this, she played a certifiable nut job, she was the damsel and distressed, the bad ass chick and the eye candy all wrapped up in one.
- Why was Skeet Ulrich never used in like 100 more movies as a bad guy? This guy was brilliant in this film. Every which way he showed he was the killer but seemingly convinced everyone otherwise. He was such a bad ass.
- Ulrich/Lillard chemistry was great. Just the way they were standoffish from the start and by the end the way they were able to
- Jamie Kennedy scene when he goes over the rules of surviving a horror movie is a fantastic scene.
- The kill scenes in this movie were truly spectacular.
- I really enjoyed the cinematography. It’s not always on the top of Horror movies to do list but this one had a nice palette feature.
**** out ***** gavels
I truly loved this movie. It had been a little while since I’ve sat down and watched it like this but man it still holds up. It’s the original horror/comedy that so many have tried to mimic over the years but this was the first.
It’s a movie within a movie, a spoof of a horror movie within a horror movie. Folks this is on Netflix right now if you want to watch the Original OG of Comedy Horror.
Should You See It?: If you have never seen this movie, run to Netflix right now and watch it. If you have seen it, run to Netflix and watch it.
Subscribe to the Music City Drive-In podcast on all your favorite Podcasting apps. Check it out here: https://anchor.fm/musiccitydrivein
Tell me what you thought of the movie, hit me up on here or talk to me on Twitter@RickyValero_